HQ TNW West, Kon. Wilhelminaplein 1, Amsterdam
Hours a week Full time (40 hrs/week)
Job entry level
Bachelor / MA (college or university level)
3+ yrs relevant work experience
Your role summarised in one sentence
You are in the lead for the overall marketing, communications and community of DutchBasecamp, including our branding and strategic positioning and our various projects like Globalisers and Go-to-Market programmes.
Summary of job description (Dutch)
Heb je een passie voor tech startups en wil je bijdragen aan hun internationale groei? Neem je graag initiatief en zie je vaak kansen die je meteen kunt omzetten in resultaten? Heb je relevante ervaring met marketing en communicatiestrategieën creëren en uitvoeren? Kun je daarnaast goed schrijven, content maken en heb je oog voor wat onze doelgroep (scale-up founders) visueel aanspreekt? Ben je een echte teamspeler en wil je dat alles tot in de puntjes geregeld is? Dan is dit misschien wel de perfecte baan voor jou. Jij bent binnen no-time onmisbaar en het team zal zich afvragen hoe ze het al die tijd zonder jou hebben gedaan.
Met jouw skills en passie voor tech startups en internationaal ondernemen, gecombineerd met een can-do mentaliteit kun je direct impact maken en je stempel drukken op het succes van DutchBasecamp en daarmee de ambitieuze ondernemers voor wie we het allemaal doen.
Hoe. Cool. Is. Dat?
Why is this partially in Dutch?
Because we expect you to be fluent in both Dutch and in English.
What you really do
1. You are in the lead to create and execute strategic marketing and communication plans that allow DutchBasecamp to grow (across borders):
A. For the (re)branding, positioning and growth of DutchBasecamp (in the Netherlands and internationally)
B. For the success of individual DutchBasecamp projects, such as Globalisers, Go-to-Market projects and other programmes and events.
2. Be “the spider in the web”. You work on positioning us in the tech ecosystem, find event opportunities and you proactively take the lead to align with team members about what you need from them to achieve your marcom goals. You know what needs to be done and when.
3. You create cool and slick content for DutchBasecamp and all our programmes: interview (successful) founders and DutchBasecamp alumni, write LinkedIn updates, blogs, Email marketing, make sure our website is on point and you design and create decks for our programmes. Maybe set up a new media channel? Whatever you feel is necessary to spread the word so we can support entrepreneurs to successfully scale internationally.
4. Build and nourish your communications network. You are in contact with lots and lots of people. You build warm relations with marcom peers from our partners, including embassies and consulates, regional development agencies, RVO, accelerators, investors and of course the (startup)media. You proactively look for additional communication partners and grab (digital) coffees with the right people to strengthen our network.
5. Keep your marketing & communications skills on point. In this role you will be working with amazing scale-ups with slick branding and comms. It is your personal drive to bring these marcom skills to DutchBasecamp and keep up with the latest trends.
How you get things done
● Lots of flair, energy and a positive mindset
● Asking for help before breaking your head
● Execute with a clear vision and being able to align with the team
● Being flexible and owning the variety of tasks and projects you do
● You value quality over quantity, human relations and you nourish the pay it forward culture
We ask that you
● are able to work and think at university level
● have excellent language skills in both Dutch and English
● have a strong affinity with entrepreneurship & tech startups / scale-ups.
● you “speak the startup language” and understand the culture
● preferably already have a network in the startup ecosystem
● have relevant experience with content creation, marketing and branding
● are able to see the big picture but also have an eye for detail
● get energy from interacting with tech entrepreneurs and many different stakeholders
● are able to turn DutchBasecamp’s mission in clear, exciting and creative content
● experience in a similar role within a scale-up is a big plus
● get super excited from the above points and can’t wait to have a chat with us.
● A daily allowance of 3 (or 5) really bad wordplay jokes in the office
● A weekly study hour for whatever you feel like learning
● A job that does not feel like work
● Cold hard cash
● A unique opportunity to grow your professional network extensively
● 25 vacation days (on a full time basis)
● A super passionate, hard working and motivated team
● An annual workation with the team
● A budget for your wellbeing (e.g. gym, CrossFit, Headspace subscriptions)
● Room for new initiatives and to drive these from idea to successful execution yourself
● A pension scheme
● An office in a building with other startups and scale-ups at TNW West in Amsterdam (with access to the other TNW locations!).
● Nice work equipment (MacBook, large second screen etc.)
● A great place to learn: a unique opportunity to look behind the scenes at scaling companies, successful international companies, and top entrepreneurs.
Starting date: Yesterday, but we can talk about that
Application deadline: April 21st, 2021
Want to know more or join our team? Send your motivation & resume to:
Anne Lieke Vonk